CL310 - Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
Learn to deploy, manage, and configure storage and OpenStack
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat® Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack® Neutron. Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Students will set up a Ceph environment and its configuration as a back end for OpenStack, and configure and use the advanced features of OpenStack Neutron.
Course content summary：
• Deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Manage snapshots in Red Hat Ceph Storage
• Access Ceph storage through Ceph block device (RBD) and Ceph object gateway (RADOSGW)
• Configure Red Hat Ceph Storage as a storage back end for OpenStack Services
• Manage networks based on VXLAN, VLAN and GRE
• Deploy and using load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) in OpenStack Neutron
• Troubleshoot Neutron issues
• 4 days
Audience and prerequisites:
Experienced Linux® system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who want to learn:
• To configure scalable and distributed storage as a storage back end for OpenStack
• The advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron
Prerequisites for this course:
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack certification or equivalent experience
• Have taken Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210) course
Outline for this course:
• Introduction to Red Hat Ceph Storage
Introduce Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
• Describe Red Hat Ceph Storage components and features Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
• Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage
Create snapshots and clones for Red Hat Ceph Storage.
• Create snapshots and clones
Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device (RBD).
• Ceph with the Glance Image service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance Image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
• Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder Block Storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
• Ceph with the Nova compute service
Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
• Introduce networking fundamentals
Review networking concepts and deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node.
• Network interfaces
Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
• Virtual bridging
Install and manage virtual network bridges.
• Virtual network devices
Create and deploy virtual network devices.
• Network namespaces
Manage and implement networks inside a network namespace.
• Neutron services
Verify and manage the Neutron services.
• Provisioning tenant networks
Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
• Implementing load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS) Implement LbaaS.
• Neutron networking services
Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with the Neutron networking service.
• Comprehensive Review
Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack III course.